This fits your .
Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
Interchangeable unit camera system; lenses and sensors are added by using a slide-in mount system to attach camera units to the body
Base system only; lenses and sensors sold separately
Die-cast magnesium body and corrosion-resistant coating for superior durability and light weight
High-resolution 3-inch LCD provides a wide viewing angle and high contrast
86 MB built-in memory; capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Capture the true face of your everyday world. It is the unaffected expression that is the sweetest. For this kind of candid photo, the most suitable camera must be small enough to be always with you and always ready for a casual shot. On top of that, the ability to change lenses (and therefore perspective on sensibility) to match each change in scene and mood will spur you to new levels of shooting motivation and creativity. The ideal tool for this purpose is an unprecedented new camera system. GXR. The compact and versatile interchangeable unit camera system. FEATURES: An innovative camera system expanding your range of expression with interchangeable units - GXR is a new camera system that consists of a body and camera units. Each camera unit contains a lens (focal lengths differ between units), an image sensor of optimum type and size for the unit, and an image processing engine. By changing units, the photographer can handle a diverse range of scenes in a way that satisfies sophisticated requirements for photo expression. The slide mechanism adopted for attaching and removing camera units enables changes to be made quickly and securely.Compact, high-performance lens design enabled by the interchangeable unit system - It is the lens that gives life to the photograph. In interchangeable lens camera systems up to now, the distance from the mount and the back of the lens to the sensor image plane was subject to requirements for flange back distance and back focal length. This made it difficult to achieve both compactness and high optical performance. Eliminating the lens mount, however, means that the back focal length can be freely defined for the GXR, enabling the new system to use the most optically efficient lens designs and giving it excellent potential for future expansion. This practical concept has given birth to camera units that achieve compact size without compromisin
From the Manufacturer
The new Ricoh GXR is an interchangeable unit camera system in which lenses are changed by using a slide-in mount system to attach camera units to the body. The lens, image sensor, and image processing engine are integrated into the camera units so the body itself does not contain an image sensor. Distinctive characteristics
With world-leading small size and low weight* enabling easy carrying, the GXR interchangeable unit camera system features a highly rigid magnesium alloy body and multiple camera units that can be changed to best fit the scene to be photographed. You can enjoy easy lens changes as well as amazing image quality and shooting flexibility. Concealing infinite possibilities in its small body, the GXR is a revolutionary camera system that pioneers a new realm of photography.
1. Lens, image sensor, and image processing engine comprise an integrated unit which can be changed to match the scene being photographed.
2. World's smallest and lightest* digital camera with interchangeable lenses
3. System potential expanded through use of interchangeable units *Internal flash, interchangeable lens digital cameras with lens attached. As of November 10, 2009, Ricoh research. Ricoh GXR Highlights Ideal form for an interchangeable lens camera
- By integrating lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single optimized unit, we were able to created a compact camera with interchangeable lenses.
- The adoption of this new system has made it possible to achieve both "pocket size for go-anywhere portability" and "the highest image quality for every photographic situation and subject."
- Since the image sensor is not exposed when lenses are changed, the camera's structure makes it inherently difficult for dirt and dust to get inside.
- Putting image processing engines in both the body and the camera units, our focus was on achieving the highest image quality.
Even greater power of expression
- For the exterior, we utilized die cast magnesium, which has a strong track record in the GR series, and we covered the surface with a corrosion-resistant "pear-skin" coating. The end result is a body with superior levels of durability, light weight, and feel in hand.
- Building on the operation control designs of the GR series and GX series, the GXR has several types of customizable buttons as well as the new DIRECT button, which the photographer can use to see many current settings at a glance. Sophisticated shooting settings can now be made faster than ever before.
- The directional pad, the three My Settings, the ADJ.lever, and the function buttons all contribute to the even greater operability achieved by the GXR.
- The grip form allows the GXR to be firmly held despite its small size, and the suitably yielding rubber material on the grip surface enables the camera to feel like an integral part of the hand.
Enhanced rapid shooting capabilities help capture fleeting shutter chances
- The automatic exposure modes include program shift mode, shutter priority mode, and aperture priority mode.
- Picture settings can be customized with nine setting levels for easy creation of a diverse range of images.
- ISO3200 facilitates shooting in low light conditions.
High-definition 3.0-inch 920,000-dot VGA LCD picture display
- The Pre-AF function accelerates focusing speed by adjusting the focus to match subject movement.
- The full press snap function shoots at a preset distance for a one-push full-press of the shutter-release button.
- When shooting subjects up close, the camera automatically switches to macro mode so macro photography can now be enjoyed without having to worry about switching modes.(Auto macro setting)
Wide range of functions
- The high-resolution LCD picture display provides a wide viewing angle and high contrast. The screen has a fluorine coat to prevent soiling, a hard coat to prevent scratches, and an anti-reflection coat to give excellent visibility even outdoors in bright sunshine.
- With 100% sRGB coverage for color reproduction, the picture display vividly reproduces image colors.
New options enhance series expandability
- Tilt indicator utilizing an acceleration sensor.
- Three grid guides useful for framing images while shooting.
- Image flag function to enable the quick display of specific images from among those in the camera. Up to 20 images can be flagged.
- The new DIRECT screen enabling current settings to be displayed and changed.
Functions expanded using firmware
- Two soft cases, one for each camera unit.
- The GXR can use the GR DIGITAL III external flash (GF-1), which can do TTL flash using auxiliary flash.
- Convenient for shooting in bright outdoor situations, the newly developed 920,000-dot- equivalent high-definition LCD viewfinder is removable and can be tilted up to 90 degrees. With a 100% field of view, it displays information in the same way as the picture display, thus enabling the photographer to shoot in a film camera style.
- Function-enhancing firmware releases for the GR DIGITAL series have proved very popular, and this practice will be continued for the GXR. By updating their firmware, GXR owners will be able to use the latest functions.
Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System with 3-Inch High-Resolution LCD - B002W6Z1JA